He has worked for many development and will in future!
MR. AHAMED KOYA – SENIOR BUSINESS CONSULTANT
Ahmed Koya, an Economics graduate, has written his impressive career path in the Gulf for almost four decades now. Mr. Koya came to the Gulf in 1973 when the challenges were many. He translated them into opportunities that defined his destiny. His language proficiencies in English, Arabic, Hindi, Tamil, Persian and Malayalam coupled with his extrovert, friendly persona has earned him a position of stature and respectable cordial relations with the Emarati Leaders, Prominent Nationals and Expatriate Population.
Ahamed Koya’s impressionable career path began and consolidated with his long standing experience with Grand Stores – the region’s premiere retail store and luxury goods Distributor, where he was credited with setting all the Grand Stores showrooms in the UAE and running its retail business till 2005.
He developed retail companies by improving their profile and portfolio. Implemented business strategy and enabled companies excel and utilized inherent talent/skills as an influential expatriate leader and not a follower in achieving business goals.
His business acumen was felt in all strategic areas of growth of Grand Stores, from setting up stores to sales and marketing and to acquisition of noteworthy agencies in diverse areas. Mr. Koya single handily established the Human Resources Development Department with a special skill to identify the right people for the right job. The plethora of brands handled under his administrative and financial acumen was a marketer’s delight and pride during the tenure at the Grand Stores.
- Mr. Koya introduced Skechers, a premium brand in shoes, in the U.A.E, GCC, MENA Region, India and South East Asia.
- Mr. Koya is also credited to negotiating and bringing Safeway Inc. which is a premium brand of Hypermarkets from the USA and establishing its first anchor store in Dubai with 24 hour service during the mid 1980’s.
- Ahamed Koya is the winner of Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award, leader of the ISO certification team, and leader of team winning the Dubai Quality Award.
- He led the ‘TQM Team’ to acquire for Grand Stores all the Quality Awards in UAE, namely: Dubai Quality Appreciation Program Award [Dubai];
- Sh. Khalifa Excellence Award [Abu Dhabi]; Sharjah Economic Excellence Award [Sharjah].
- He is an active member of the Indian Economic Forum and Indian Business and Professional Group, U.A.E chapter.
Mr Koya currently holds the following position
● Senior Business Consultant of Equitivo Investment based in Abu Dhabi
- and 2 more companies in UAE.
Companies established under the Leadership of Mr. Koya
● Grand Stores – Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Northern Emirates - 1981-82
● Safeway Emirates - 1985
● Minal International – 1986
● Global Brands Middle East Ltd. 2004
● 360 Life Style SDN.BHD – 2005
● Global Brands Asia Ltd. – 2005
● Blue Mart Group - 2010
Countries Visited for International Business Developments: USA, UK, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Kirgizstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, France, Italy, Germany, Luxemburg, Brazil, Argentina, Malaysia, Korea, Australia, Newlands, Alaska, Indonesia, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Iran, South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, Libya, Morocco and all other GCC Countries.
Major Functions attended among the Business and Diplomatic Group:
- HH Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi.
- HH Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Makthoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai
- HH Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander, UAE Armed Forces.
- Former Indian Prime Minister Mr. Rajiv Gandhi & Mrs. Sonia Gandhi
- Former US President, Mr. George W. Bush,
- Former British Prime Ministers – Mrs. Margret Thatcher, Mr. John Major, Mr. Tony Blair,
- Former Indian President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Former Indian President Mrs. Pratibha Patil
- Former Malaysian Prime Minister Dr. Mahathir Mohammed
- Former Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi
1730 Kawamata Shirakawa-cho Kamo-gun Gifu-ken 509-1105 (JAPAN OFFICE SECRETARY)
+81 574800018(JAPAN OFFICE SECRETARY)
+81 574722416(JAPAN OFFICE SECRETARY)